Philosophiae Seanalis Principia

A blog for my ranting and Sean-information passing purposes.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Third Interviews and Other News

I've just gotten back from my first and second interview from the Wal-mart in Moore, OK which, coincidentally, is also called The Armpit of the Universe, or so I've heard. That's more interviews than I got here in Norman so I'm grateful of that. I'm scheduled for a third and final interview on Monday at 11 PM. I hear it is to involve a urine test. I'm nervous, I better go study. Alex and Richard came to Wal-mart with me to cheer me on.

In other news, I shall direct attention to Meagan's blog here. Therein is contained a list of things that upset her. The first two are directed at me or at least partially at me. In the latter list you'll notice that Richard gets the top spot. I'm gonna go with the positive aspect here and revel in the fact that I got two shout-outs and he only got one. Ha ha.
Notice in both she uses the phrase "people getting mad at me". Very often she uses this phraseology for anyone speaking not in acordance with her or not holding a positive attitude toward her actions. When on the occasion that someone actually is mad at her, instead of changing the offending behavior or trying to fix the problem, she just talks about how it upsets her, how people are yelling at her for no reason, and generally runs from it, or acts like nothing is wrong at all.
Of course, in neither of those cases was I mad at her. I'm not gonna get into the first one because I don't need to, I will the second one though. One thing, she's got no room or much right to be upset about anyone saying anything about her religion while it's in its position as the most widely practiced superstition in the world. Second, I'll call it silly, stupid, or a superstition if I damn well please, because in my particular belief structure, that's what it is. It's not like I speak my mind about my beliefs that often. At least not, anymore often than anyone else. And I don't cry about it when they do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember dude, it's not just about the fact that you can say whatever you want, you also gotta take in account of how you know that person will take it--if there's any chance that they may be hurt by what you say (even if they hurt only because of HOW you say it), and if you know it may hurt them, then doing it anyway just because you feel strong about your beliefs doesn't necessarily make it okay. my 2 cents.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out walmartwatch.com

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home