Philosophiae Seanalis Principia

A blog for my ranting and Sean-information passing purposes.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Just Hanging Out

Some Sean Updates:
  • I slept for a good part of the day today. Until five thirty, I think. Of course, it didn't help that I stayed up all night playing Halo 2 with Richard, Shawn, and some guy in Arizona. It was fun though. We won a large portion of the games we played.
  • Work is going alright. It hasn't been nearly as fun lately though because my new friend, Jennifer, has been in Florida since the twentieth of June. It's alright though, because she'll be back in a few days. I'm excited.
  • I shot the moon but was still able to almost lose at hearts tonight. Side note; robots aren't good at hearts.
  • I'm not going to be mean to my friends anymore.
  • My roommate doesn't talk to me enough.
  • I finally finished chapter seven in The Book after three months of on and off work on it. Damn, I've been slacking. If you remember, starting this blog was supposed to help me get a jumpstart on that. I'm tryin'.

Discovered a new band tonight. They're called Ringside. I saw them on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I knew I liked the song before the lyrics even began so I had to look 'em up. My kind of band. Hardcore mellow and all that. I've only heard what's played on the site, but I think it's pretty good. You should check them out.
Interestingly enough, the song they sang on the show does a pretty good job of illustrating how I'm feeling tonight. In a good way:

Tired Of Being Sorry

I don’t know why
You want to follow me tonight
When the rest of the world
With whom I’ve crossed and I’ve quarreled
Let’s me down so
For a thousand reasons that I know
To share forever the unrest
With all the demons I possess
Beneath the silver moon

Maybe you were right
But baby I was lonely
I don’t want to fight
I’m tired of being sorry

Chandler and Van Nuys
With all the vampires and their brides
We’re all bloodless and blind
And longing for a life
Beyond the silver moon

Maybe you were right
But baby I was lonely
I don’t want to fight
I’m tired of being sorry
I’m standing in the street
Crying out for you
No one sees me
But the silver moon

So far away – so outer space
I’ve trashed myself – I’ve lost my way
I’ve got to get to you

P.S. I'm guessing by the lack of comments that you kids either didn't like or didn't read my story. So, I'm wondering if in the future I should post anything like that again. Let me know, please.

P.P.S. Does anyone know where we are in the word association game?

2 Comments:

Blogger GhostMaster said...

I'm sure I've heard that song before but I can't be sure.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto to Rodknee's comment, except for the part about the palm. You can replace that with "in my memory".

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home